Feedback message:Suggestion: The ability to change the subject line in forwarded messages. If there is a way to do this already, please let me know. Thanks :)
More difficult than we initially thought it was going to be. Seems to be an issue where Exchange/O365 group emails by subject. Changing the subject of an email destroys threading. This one's on MS.
I believe it destroys threading when you change it outside of Hiri as well (to be expected). I think this is an expectation that if you forward an email and change the subject line to an individual that the previous emails will not be threaded along with it.
Example of the way I see it (correct me if i'm wrong):
1) Long email chain for a requisition for (in my case) networking equipment between party B and myself
2) email stays threaded for recipients throughout entire conversation (as people who reply to emails typically do not change the subject line.
3) Party C emails me asking for an update on the requisition externally
4) I go to forward email to party C, however, I need to change subject line as there may be an order number/something I don't want him to see.
5) Forwarded email (with subject line changed) gets threaded as a new email with Party C - Not threaded to initial email conversation between myself and party B.
Does this make sense?
I havn't tried this method with OWA outside of Hiri - But i would expect that when you change the subject line of any email it would be threaded as a different email regardless.
Let me know your thoughts..
It's fine to break the threading in this scenario. I believe that's what GMail does. You should set the "In-Reply-To" header though
This feature has been released today in Hiri version 1.2.1.
You won't be notified about changes to this idea.